Well, most Instagram influencers don’t make much money… yet… But when they do, they find a way, based on their talent. Some are conventional and do brand endorsements, and some are unconventional, and write fascinating books about things they’re crazy about.
Brand endorsements like this one can be a great way to earn money if there is synergy between the brand, the audience they are seeking, and the influencer. That doesn’t have to be completely obvious. For example, here the brand owner is a dog lover and fan of Dear Mishu. They reached out to do a promotion, even though the app is an investment app for humans. Influencers that want to make money through brand endorsements need to make sure brands know they are open to deals. And they need to be open and creative about which brands they approach and work over time to build relationships with brands and explain their value to them.
Here are some things I’ve seen influencers do to pay their bills:
- New: Launching a restaurant chain via ghost kitchens
- Getting paid to sing somewhere…
- Earning money by dancing somewhere…
- Getting paid to play somewhere…
- Publishing a bloody e-book
- Publishing a book
- Movie making
- Teaching haircuts over zoom
- Being a dog and creating a toy
- Brand endorsements
- Brand ambassadors
- Selling brand merchandise
- Affiliate marketing
- Freelance photography
- Audio edits
- Video edits
- Production agency / producing for others
- Building an influencer agency of their own
- Opening a social media agency
- Becoming a TV personality
- Being a journalist
- Photo licensing
- Paid newsletters
- Follower donations and tips
- Creating and marketing their own (fashion/beauty/health, etc) brand
- Selling Social Media Account(s)
Download all of them HERE.
It’s just beginning. The sky is the limit in terms of influence, trust and original content!
Tell me if you know of more ways for Influencers to make money?
I strongly recommend using a contract for any sponsorship to protect yourself and your business, such as my Brand-Influencer Contract